CELEBRATE RECOVERY GREENCASTLE
Do you feel overwhelmed by your
Hurts, Habits and Hang-ups?
Are you looking for real hope and
meaning in your life?
It’s the best place to be on Thursday night.
Welcome to Celebrate Recovery
Come as you are…It will change your Life!
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered recovery program based on the Beatitudes. It is currently being used in over 3500 churches nationwide and internationally.
Celebrate Recovery was written by Pastors Rick Warren and John Baker. The purposes of Celebrate Recovery are to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the 12 Steps and 8 Recovery Principles. This experience allows us to “be changed”. We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths and hopes with one another. In addition, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our life problems.
By working and applying these Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others.
You may be thinking that recovery is just for those with alcohol or drug problems. Only about one-third of the people attending Celebrate Recovery are dealing with chemical dependencies. As Pastor Rick Warren says, “We all have sinned, we’ve all fallen short, we’ve all been hurt, and we’ve all hurt others. Everybody needs recovery.” All of life’s hurts, habits, and hang-ups are addressed through this one curriculum. A hurt, habit, or hang-up is something that hinders your walk with God. Healing is available through applying the principles of a Bible based recovery processto our lives.
CHARACTERISTICS OF GROUPS
Celebrate Recovery meets two times a week. The Large Group, Newcomer 101 and Open Share Groups meet one time a week, 52 weeks a year and Step Study groups meet another time of the week until completion of the participant guides which is typically nine to twelve months.
HOW IT WORKS
In order to gain the full benefit of Celebrate Recovery, participants are encouraged to attend Large Group, Open Share Groups and Solid Rock Café on Thursday nights and participate in a Step Study group on another night or day of the week. In Large Group we hear teachings on the 8 principles and the 12 Christ-Centered Steps and personal testimonies of changed lives. Open Share groups provide recovery specific issues and solutions while step study groups provide an opportunity to thoroughly work the steps in a group setting rather than alone.
Celebrate Recovery Open Share Groups CAN:
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, and hopes with others that are also going through a Christ-Centered Recovery.
- Provide you with a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up or habit and who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also follow Celebrate Recovery’s “Small Group Guidelines,” listed below.
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an Accountability Partner or a Sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
Celebrate Recovery Open Share Groups Will NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional advice. Our leaders are not counselors. At your request, we can provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
- Allow its members to attempt to “fix” one another.
SMALL GROUP GUIDELINES
These guidelines are designed to provide a safe and productive meeting for everyone in both Open Share Groups and Step Study Groups. Everyone must honor these guidelines throughout the meetings.
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts, feelings, and the workbook questions. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- There is NO cross talk please. Cross talk is when two people engage in a dialogue during the meeting. Each person is free to express feelings without interruptions.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” another.
- Anonymity and Confidentiality are basic requirements. What’s shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language/graphic descriptions have no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
We meet at Greencastle Church of the Brethren
36 S Carlisle Street, Greencastle, PA 17225
Enter Gym from rear of parking lot
Thursday evenings 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Optional Free Fellowship meal 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Prayer for Serenity
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is;
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Want to attend Celebrate Recovery, but not sure what to do with the kids?
Bring them to Celebrate Kids for food, fun, fellowship, friends, and facts about Jesus! Available between 6:45 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.