Why is Thanksgiving meant to be a lifestyle rather than just a holiday? Who are 3 persons or groups of people who benefit when we have a thankful spirit? What are some ways to become a more thankful person? And who is the pastor who in 1637 had funerals for more than 4,500 people, and yet penned the words of a hymn we still sing today?
HOLIDAY OR LIFESTYLE?Psalm 92:1-5, Luke 17:11-19
Something no Congress can ever legislate is a ________ of thanksgiving. A thankful spirit is something we can _________.
Reasons that the giving of thanks is to be a lifestyle:
1) God ______________ it. The first step on the road away from God is often _______________________.
2) others ___________ from it:
3) we have ________ for which to be thankful.
“Blessed be the Lord, who daily _______ us with benefits . . .”
We are among the top ___% of the world’s wealthiest.
How to become a more thankful person:
– to be more thankful, we must do more ____________
– avoid asking the wrong _______________
– ________ on the right things (Philippians 4:8)
Some people who would benefit from hearing a “thank you” from me: